With the European Commission, within the FP7 program, at 01/09/2014 started the project, entitled FRACTALS. The Development Fund of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina played the role of the project co-ordinator.
FRACTALS is one of the 16 projects chosen for financing within third phase of the project “Future Internet – Public-Private Partnership”, in the competition of as many as 90 projects from the entire Europe. Project Fractals ended on 31/08/2016.
What is FRACTALS?
- FRACTALS is focused on agriculture, where the application of internet based digital services and internet apps is still not on an adequate level in the entire Europe;
- dedicated to creating products and apps in accordance with and for the benefit of the end-user;
- focused on the Balkans, the region which up to now has not been present in the “Future Internet” program, even though FRACTALS Open Call was accessible to SMEs and web-entrepreneurs from the entire Europe;
9 partner institutions from 6 countries:
- The Development Fund of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, Serbia;
- Company ATOS, Spain;
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece;
- Science and Research Centre DLO, the Netherlands;
- University of Novi Sad, BioSense Centre, Serbia;
- Association of Information Technology Companies of Northern Greece, Greece;
- Vojvođanski IKT Klaster, Serbia;
- Association of Software Companies, Turkey;
- Bulgarian Association of Software Companies, Bulgaria;
- The project officially started on 01.09.2014. with the main aim to distribute funds (grants)
to between 50 and 60 SMEs and web-entrepreneurs from the entire Europe from IT sector,
with the purpose of developing agricultural sector apps, based on the so-called “Future Internet” principles and technologies;
- The total fund of the FRACTALS project meant for financial support (grants) amounts to 5.52 million EUROS;